VDB & BTS – Two Associations
for a strong Railway Industry
The German Railway Industry Association (VDB) is pleased to be joining forces with BTS Rail Saxony – for a strong and sustainable Railway Industry. Cross-association cooperation and trusting exchange of technical know-how are strong assets to create a favourable business environment for our member companies. It increases the industry’s competitiveness, its visibility and assertiveness. The VDB stands for sustainable mobility: efficient, climate friendly, socially responsible.
Our industry aspires to set standards around the globe. However, it faces obstacles:
- European integration must be realised through a harmonisation of rail traffic control systems, more efficient
authorisation procedures as well as through European research programmes.
- International competition must remain fair and free. A global “Level Playing Field” must be established
to this end.
- The transport sector has not lowered its emission levels since 1990. Only a customer-friendly, efficient rail
service can motivate people to switch from road to eco-friendly rail transportation.
The sector’s challenges must be tackled jointly. Cooperation enables the exchange of professional expertise. To
this end, the BTS and the VDB can collaborate within a diverse field of possibilities:
- Coordinated Public Relations
- Common Workshops as well as Further Education and Training Opportunities
- Common Support of Initiatives, (e.g. “Schienenjobs.de”)
- International Market Development through customized delegation trips and participation in foreign trade fairs
- Joint Events