The BTS working group ‘Infrastructure and System Technology’ unifies Saxon companies and institutes of the Dresden University of Technology (TU Dresden). A wide range of activities and long-time experience gained at home and abroad, enable the companies to numerous productive cooperations. Collaborations with the traffic engineering and electrical engineering institutes of the TU Dresden allow practicing and developing forward-thinking research approaches in the field of transportation and rail infrastructure, according to the European and country-specific laws. The main emphasis of rail infrastructure is attached on the following key topics: track, technology and civil engineering, electric and mechanical equipment as well as signaling and safety technology.
Among other topics, the working group researches and develops innovative concepts for vehicle-motion capture on secondary lines. This is supported by the Free State of Saxony with funds from the R&D project programme.
Focus of the BTS working group ‘Infrastructure and System Technology’:
- Identification of eligible R&D projects
- Initiating and accompanying innovation projects
- Support in finding cooperation partners
- Support for companies in the fields of product development, certification and marketing
- Development of foreign trade and sales promotion measures
- Support for policy-makers in the development of mobility and transport infrastructure projects